We Have The Solution to Frequent Basement Floods in Chicago
If your Chicago home has a basement, chances are you’ll eventually experience flooding down there. We have a high water table, so every significant rain shower has the potential to raise the groundwater high enough to invade your basement. Instead of trying to figure out how to remove the water after the flood, call J. Blanton Plumbing to have a sump pump installed.
Sump pumps are one of the most effective ways to keep water out of your basement. Installed in a sump pit dug at the lowest point in your basement, they have sensors that detect when water is accumulating in the pit and automatically pump water away from your basement before it can overflow the pit and flood your basement.
Benefits of a Sump Pump Include:
- Prevent Flood Damage – When heavy rain causes basement flooding, you can quickly have a foot or more of water covering the floor, damaging everything inside. But with a sump pump, this disaster can be avoided.
- Reduced Mold & Mildew – Continual dampness in a basement will contribute to the growth of mold and mildew, which damage building material and pose health risks. A sump pump will keep mold and mildew from forming.
- Reduced Risk Of Fire – Flooding is actually one of the most common causes of electrical fires due to blown fuses in laundry machines, water heaters and heating systems. Using a sump pump prevents water from threatening electrical equipment that could cause fires.
Why J. Blanton
We take our business seriously and want you to know it. These are just some of the credentials we hold to show that when you choose J. Blanton Plumbing, you’re getting a plumber you can rely on:
- State of Illinois Bonded Plumbing Contractor
- City of Chicago Licensed Plumbing Contractor
- City of Chicago Department of Water Management License
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency CCCDI Backflow Inspectors License
- City of Chicago Business License
- BBB Accredited Business
Frequently Asked Questions About Plumbing
A few recommended topics for you
Damages to your main sewer line can happen due to many culprits such as roots, debris buildup and other obstructions from foreign and non-flushable objects. These can cause clogging blockage and damage to your sewer line.
You will usually be able to tell that your sewer line is damaged if you find backup water in drains overflowing toilets, strange sounds, or overflows from your tub.
If you suspect your sewer line is damaged, don’t wait for the problem to worsen. Call J. Blanton in Chicago right away to resolve your main sewer line problem as quickly and safely as possible.
Your plumbing system may experience serious issues if the sewage lines in your Chicago house get clogged. It may result in backed-up wastewater or slow drains.
A plumber from J. Blanton will perform a sewage rodding service to unclog the obstruction and have the sewer lines flowing freely. Sewer rodding is occasionally the sole method for removing some difficult clogs.
If sewer rodding does not improve your water flow, it will be time to request sewer drain repair.
A device for draining water, a sump pump, is located at the lowest point of your house. It is designed to drain any emergency flooding water from your house to prevent water damage.
In both home and business settings, sump pumps are used to prevent floods and water buildup on your property. Even if your basement is not prone to flooding, a sump pump may be useful if there is too much moisture near the foundation of your house.
Call J. Blanton if you’re considering installing, replacing, or repairing a sump pump!